Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kiddo Catch-Up

Holy cow, I've been a bad blogger...so much for that New Year's resolution. I had better do a catch-up on the kiddos before I forget everything!

BENNY BOY

This kid loves going to kindergarten and he is getting so smart!

Leaves for a science project
Exploring outside with their magnifying glasses
I love to see the work he brings home and the way he has phonetically spelled things...cracks us up. This is one of my many favorites...

We went to his open house at school a couple weeks ago and he loved showing us around and what he's been working on...
With his teacher, Miss Swarts
"Farmer Ben" (complete with upside down overalls...haha)
I asked him to stand by his pig and this is the crazy pose he gave me...goof ball!
He's become quite the little reader (I'll have to post some video of him reading one of these days...too cute). When he's not as school, he still loves to build with blocks and legos, create art projects (especially if scissors and tape are involved), ride his bike or scooter, and play soccer. This kid has endless energy and is bouncing off the walls right until his head hits the pillow at night...wish I could borrow some from him!

MATT MO

Mo is a crazy character with many moods and personalities...you never know what you're gonna get! In other words, there are days I want to kiss his cute little face off and then there are days I want to lock him in his room until he's 5. He definitely knows how to work his cuteness though...
Love that munchkin face
Wearing mom's slippers
Pretending to be "Undie Man"
 He pretty much worships the ground Ben walks on - which can be good or bad depending on Ben's mood, but for the most part they are good buddies and it makes this mama happy to see (even if they are getting into the folded laundry)...
Matt Mo is enjoying school with Miss Janette again this semester. He wishes it was everyday...guess I'm not that exciting to hang out with. He still loves his game time - he's a whiz on my iPod touch and the Wii. He also loves to do puzzles and "help" Ben read his school book every night. He detests nap time, but will still sleep about 3 hours a day (hallelujah!) so we're not giving it up any time soon.

SADIE LADY

Oh, my sweet, Sadie lady...I'm in love with this girl. She's at such a fun age and she just couldn't be any cuter...
Love that mop top
Helping mom with the laundry
Still loves to ride her pony
Eating breakfast with daddy
She's cruising the furniture like crazy and has even taken a few steps!
I just can't believe how fast she's growing up...it's crazy to me that she'll be 11 months old next week. And at the rate she's going, she'll probably be full-on walking by then. I've started to wean her and she's doing great with the sippy cup - kind of bittersweet for me. She has loved eating table food for a while now, but she finally has a couple little teeth to help her out. Her favorite things to eat are cheerios and bananas and anything mom and dad have on their plate.  She's learned to wave bye-bye and always sees her dad off to work in the morning. She LOVES her daddy and if he doesn't pick her up and say hi to her as soon as he walks in the door, he's in trouble. She can finally say "mama" too (hooray!). Just recently she's learned to clap on her own and give high 5. Some of her favorite things are playing peek-a-boo, taking a bath, pulling her hair clips out, and of course, sticking EVERYTHING in her mouth. We all adore our pretty little lady!

6 comments:

the_sanchez_fam said...

Your kids are so beautiful. I can't believe Sadie is already standing and starting to walk, it seems like you just had her!!

Jessica and Rod said...

So cute. I love the stories. (Oh and sorry about dropping in totally unannounced this morning. I'm in the midst of an insane week and I didn't have another chance any other time to come over.)

Caitlin said...

Hooray for an update! I miss your cute kids! You guys should come out here and we'll all go to Disneyland; deal?

Megan said...

Aww, your kids are so stinkin cute! I can't believe Sadie is already almost a year old....

Lisa said...

great update. super cute kiddos!

Stacie said...

Great update on your cute kids! They are really growing up! I love uour nicknames for each of them. :)