Saturday, February 12, 2011

More Snow!

Boy was I wrong to think that our first snow might be the only snow we would get this year... we just had the craziest week of winter storms that I can remember in Dallas.  School was canceled 4 days in a row and then one more day the next week because the roads were so iced over.  It's one thing to have all 3 kids home all day for a week, but it's a whole other level of insanity when you can't leave your house! We tried to make the best of it though...watching movies and having picnic lunches in the living room, playing the Wii, and having mandatory family nap time (my favorite).  The ice was awful, but then we got 6 inches of snow dumped on top and we could at least have some fun.
John took the boys sledding at the neighborhood golf course, but didn't get any photos. Glad I snapped a few before they took off...
Ben found a giant icicle
Matt Mo making a snow angel
Just plain goofy excited about going sledding
While they were gone, Sadie and I enjoyed the quiet, and the beautiful scenery...
She thought it was great fun for about 10 minutes. I knew this face (and red nose) meant it was time for us to head in...
We've thawed out for the most part now and we're all happy to be back in our normal routine...especially the part where the boys go to school (wink, wink).

No comments: