Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

We finally got around to carving our pumpkins for FHE last night... We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, as you can see...
I'm sad I didn't get any pics of the kiddos at work. Between the pumpkin guts and all the sharp carving utensils, it was a little crazy while they were "helping". They made their little pumpkins into monsters instead of carving them... much quicker and less dangerous (unless you were in Matt Mo's line of fire when he threw a fit and started chucking the pieces everywhere, but that's another story). Here's the end result...
We've got our "Trunk or Treat" tomorrow night so more fun Halloween pics to come soon!

6 comments:

beckylbranch said...

Those look so cute! I haven't carved a pumpkin in YEARS so I doubt they would be that cool :)

Jeni said...

Very cute! We did that skull and crossbones last year - NOT easy! Yours looks much better too! Love the Monster pieces for the boys' pumpkins. What a great idea!

Bree said...

Oh dear, the pregnancy chins...

Juli said...

You guys need to start a professional pumpkin carving biz!

Amanda said...

You guys have some SERIOUS pumpkin carving skills. I opted for the cyclops pumpkin, just to cut down on carving! Nice.

Bethanne said...

What a great idea for the kiddos! I haven't ever even thought of doing that...Dan was so excited about carving pumpkins at our house also. Like WAY excited. WAY more than the kids.