Friday, June 26, 2009

Famous

Apparently, I'm famous. Okay, so it's just my handwriting, but that's still pretty cool. My sister, Jeni, made my handwriting into a font a while back and then she put it on the web as a free download. So far it's been used in a novel and on TXU Energy's newest ad campaign. This is funny to me because when I first saw it, I immediately thought, "yuck, I hate my handwriting". I guess people like it because I did it in marker. I haven't found the book yet (obviously nothing really famous), but if you're driving around DFW you might see a billboard like one of these...

Or you might see it on a commercial (remember those?) and on their website too...

Is it sad that I'm sort of excited about this? I don't get out much anymore. I owe all my fame and fortune (wait, where's my fortune?) to my big sis... thanks for making my font!

P.S. Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I just haven't felt like blogging for a while. I'm sure our fun trip to UT coming up will cure me of that. I know I'll have lots of pics of the kiddos and stories to share when we get back... get excited!

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow! Don't forget us small people when the fortune strikes; ) That is pretty cool!

Amanda said...

That is so COOL!!!!

Caitlin said...

It's the little things that excite us I guess :) I'm impressed! No one would ever use mine because they'd probably want their message to be legible.

Caitlin said...

And you better make good on that promise of more blogging after you get back!

Jeni said...

Don't worry, I'm TOTALLY excited by this too! We're such lame-o's! We're going to drive around the metroplex and find these billboards if it's that last thing I do. I need a real live picture! Josh is so peeved that I didn't get the professional version of the font software so that I could charge people for the use of the font. If we'd only known how popular your handwriting would be!

Sarah said...

can i get your autograph???? remember the cool posters you did for relief society??? you should of charged us for that famous handwriting.

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

i always knew you would be famous. i just didn't know it would be for handwriting. :)

very cool!

Sarah said...

That's awesome! you are famous!

My name is Andrea said...

I think that is VERY cool!! Your own little claim to fame! I'm proud to say I knew you when...

Bethanne said...

How very fun! You should get a royalty or something! COOL! :)

Dan and Louise said...

I'm honestly one that has always loved your handwriting. I kept a message that you left for me when we were at BYU that Dan called me. Do you remember that? Yeah, I kept it - partly because it was Dan, but ALSO because I loved your handwriting. Serious.

~Jen~ said...

Wow...I have a famous friend!

Lol...I'd be excited too!

Bree said...

You should be getting royalties!