Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

The Easter Bunny came early yesterday and left some goodies for the boys...
Surprisingly, they didn't even notice their baskets until after breakfast. Good thing too, otherwise it would have been nothing but candy until lunch time.
I think the Christmas PJ's are a nice touch, don't you? You might have thought it was Christmas morning the way they reacted to the surprise.
After they were good and sugared up, I took them to the blue bonnet field to get some photos of them in their cute Easter outfits...

Mo was much more interested in escaping than stopping to smell the flowers (or pose for any pictures for that matter)...

Mo used to be my little poser, but Ben has taken over that role these days. Gotta love that "say cheese" smile...

I was really hoping to get at least one with them sitting together, but I realized that was a lost cause shortly after we got there and they darted off in opposite directions and Mo screamed every time Ben came near him. Unrealistic expectations. Oh well, I got a few keepers of each of them...



As if that wasn't enough fun for one day, after naps we went to see Granny & Pops. They have the perfect backyard for hunting eggs...

Ben was so proud to find the first one...

The idea was for each of them to find 12 eggs, but Ben was too fast and Mo wanted to stop and eat the candy along the way so Ben got 16 and Mo got 8, but they were both happy...

Opening their eggs was serious business...

Shortly after, they were wanting to look for MORE! Maybe in a couple weeks we'll have another one around the house just for fun. I definitely don't want to eat all the leftover candy by myself!

I'm glad we got all our "fun" in on Saturday so today could be all about focusing on the true meaning of Easter!


8 comments:

~Jen~ said...

Okay, when did Mo become such a little stud!!! He's changed from a baby to such a little heart breaker. I love his hair. And Ben always looks like he's up to something, it reminds me of Natalie - maybe it has something to do with the year they were born.

Happy Easter!

Caitlin said...

Precious Easter outfits! Those boys crack me up no matter what they're doing.

Sarah said...

Man they're so cute! Where is that bluebonnet field? I've been wanting to find one!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I love the pics! Where are the bluebonnets????

Brianne said...

If you're looking for bluebonnets, take 380 west and turn left on FM 423. There's a small cemetery about a mile down on the left side of the road with a big hill full of bluebonnets. There are always people there this time of year taking pics!

Bethanne said...

I love the pictures. So cute. Yeah, I think Jax was celebrated out (birthday-Easter baskets-second b'day celebration - real Easter - another b'day package). What a weekend!

Shelley said...

Glad you guys had a great Easter. I hate trying to get good pictures. We never go outside because that would end up in running, crazy people but I love the bluebonnets.

Gary Church said...

Happy Easter to your Christmas kiddos! xoxo.