Shortly after we celebrated Ben's birthday, it was time to celebrate another birthday...baby Lucy's! I was set to be induced the morning of July 30, just a few days before she was due. My labor pretty much went like all the others, fairly smooth and quick. I'm so thankful for modern medicine. Once I get my epidural, I'm relaxed and ready to roll...or should I say, push! Lucy Ann Hafen made her big debut at 1:06 pm and weighed in at 8 pounds, 4 ounces and measured 19.5 inches long.
As soon as I saw her little chin quiver across the room, I immediately thought she looked most like her big brother, Matt Mo. Of course, it was love at first sight for everyone who met her...
After lots of snuggle time, she got her first bath right in my room...
She was not really a fan, but was happy as could be once she got swaddled back up.
Thankfully, Granny Sylvia came into town to help with the older kids at home. She brought them up for a visit a little later that day. They were all so excited to meet her!
Before we knew it, we were bringing her home!
The rest of the month of August is kind of a blur. All I know is there was a whole lot of eating and sleeping on Lucy's part and not nearly enough on mine. I was just trying to survive until the boys started school a few weeks later.





1 comment:
sooo sweet!
Post a Comment