Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Week Before Christmas = Parties & Puking

The week before Christmas was full of parties... preschool, kindergarten, and an adult only white elephant exchange. Unfortunately, Ben came down with a stomach bug the day of his party and had to come home from school. He was sad to miss it, but thanks to a sweet neighbor who stopped by his classroom for me, he was able to enjoy his goodies once he was feeling better. Luckily, John was able to come home for lunch and hang out with the sicko so I could go party with Matt Mo at preschool...
We made this graham cracker (gingerbread) house together. Well, truthfully, I did most of the work while he ate the candy. They also got to make another shirt like they did at Thanksgiving... so cute!

The next night was the annual white elephant party hosted by some friends in our ward. We ate yummy food and laughed the whole night long. This year I made a redneck "brief"case to give away...
And I filled it with all your redneck essentials...
A Slim Jim, "Totally Ripped Abs" body spray, Cheese Whiz, duct tape, sunflower seeds, a bandana, and a wife-beater.

And the lucky recipient...
Here are a couple other favorites that night...
Curt and Shandi's sweet Christmas's past photo album. It came with the stipulation that whoever got it has to add their old pictures and re-gift it next year!
Brianna got a hilarious CTR, ahem, "slingshot".  Enough said.

Good thing we got to live it up that night because the next day, John and I were both hit with whatever bug Ben had and we were pretty miserable. At least we weren't sick on Christmas day though!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, those gifts are SO funny! I love the redneck brief case. You are so creative. Glad you are done with that nasty bug!

Kendra said...

You forgot!- Scott stole the briefcase on the very last trade of the night. popular item, I guess.