Friday, April 23, 2010

Closet Full of Cuteness

Pretty much everything bugs me right now... I'm huge, uncomfortable, cranky, can't sleep, no clothes fit, and I have absolutely no patience for the boys' never-ending shenanigans.  But enough about that... there are definitely some things that are a lot of fun and make me happy too. Here's a little list so I can focus on the positive during these last couple weeks...
  • A closet full of cuteness...
 Maybe it's a little shallow, but I love just looking at all the girly stuff hanging in the nursery closet. We haven't moved Matt Mo out yet so it's still very "boy" in there, but at least the closet is all girl!
  • I don't feel a bit of guilt about eating whatever I want...I'm already huge and ice cream is great for heartburn relief!
  • As much as I want to meet this little girl, I know she's much easier to take care of while she's inside of me. Plus, feeling all the kicks and squirms in there never seems to get old.
  • Just the thought of sweet newborn cuddles... the smell, the innocence, the fact that she won't be able to talk back to me... it all makes me happy.
  • Getting my nest in order. The energy is starting to run out, but it's fun to get all the baby gear set up and get organized before the chaos and sleep deprivation begin.
  • Even though we haven't done anything to the nursery yet (aside from filling up the closet), it's been fun making big plans for the little lady. I've really got the itch to get Mo out of there now that my mom finished her gorgeous quilt...
 The picture doesn't even do it justice... I love it!

Here's to happy thoughts for the next 12 days and then the real fun begins...wahoo!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

i told dylan last night, that i wished your mom was my mom, cause i want more than anything to learn how to machine quilt. i was going on and on about how amazing that quilt was-- he didn't care-- but it is amazing-- i am soooo jealous :D

Sarah said...

You're almost there! so exciting!!! The quilt is beautiful!

Jessica and Rod said...

The quilt is super cute and I know what you mean about just wanting to look at all the cute clothes. Girl clothes are sooo much cuter than boy clothes. I would stare into the nursery closet those last few weeks before Anna was born. It was even fun before Eve was born even though they were all the same outfits as Anna had.

Amanda said...

I'm so excited for you! I love all those new clothes. I remember how fun it was to go into Whitney's drawers and put new cute girl clothes on her. It wasn't quite the same with Tyler. Girl clothes are just so bright and fun. I share a lot of the same thoughts as you right now. I can't believe you only have 12 days! I'm super jealous. I feel like I could not be more uncomfortable. I love your quilt too. Those colors are so fun. I can't wait to see your little sweetheart in it!

Seable Family said...

Brianne the quilt is so darling! I love it. You are getting so close. I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby girl!

Eric and Amy said...

I can't believe you're already ready to to pop. Time flies! I love the little girl closet, and that adorable blanket! Let the fun begin. Keep us posted when the little princess arrives. Good luck!!!

Caitlin said...

Wow -- Mom has outdone herself! The quilt is so cute, and so are all of those precious clothes! Can't wait to meet the little She-Hafen.

Bethanne said...

Beautiful!

I miss little girl things too. Sigh...But hey, seriously, will you let me know something that you are lacking or you would like to have? You or baby girl? I had to work and so I wasn't able to come to the shower the other night...but I really want to get you something. I am so excited for you. I think every mommy needs a little girl (even though they are emotional and turn into quite little sass-pots). It is just fun having both! :)

~Jen~ said...

The quilt is GORGEOUS!!! I so wish I were there to come visit you and see all your cute girly stuff. Good luck. I'm anxious to hear news and to hear her name and see her sweet cheeks.

Jolley Family said...

Girl stuff is the best. Even when I knew I was having a boy I would still find myself drawn to the newborn girl section. Love the quilt. Its beautiful.

Melissa said...

Beautiful quilt! Its so funny how much I could relate to each and EVERY thing on your list (accept I'm anxious to get Lily out of the crib, the room is all freed up). You also have no idea how jealous I was when i saw you had posted to your blog. My first thought was that you had her early and I'm still sitting here! LOL, sorry for that! Hang in there, I recommend getting a good book- it has saved me the last few days when I'm too tired to sit but sick and tired of sitting!

My name is Andrea said...

Sarah was telling me about the beautiful quilt the other night...and she was right!!

And SADIE is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations!