Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Zoo!

Since September is almost over, I figure I better post about the one fun thing we did this month before it ends. Not to mention the fact that I was chastised yesterday by my little sister for not updating the blog (she's one to talk). Anyway, a few weeks ago Bree and I decided it was time for a little field trip. We packed up our little monkeys and headed to the Fort Worth Zoo...

Mo is just the right size to peek through the hole in the fence...
Ben got up close and personal with a chimp... monkey see, monkey do...I loved the giraffes - they're even more beautiful in person...
Another gorgeous animal was the white tiger. We were so happy she decided to wake up and say hi to us (most of the animals were napping while we were there)...
The birds were definitely not sleepy though, and the kids LOVED trying to feed them...
Hands down, the hit of the day were the penguins. The moms were lovin' the air conditioning and the kids just couldn't get enough of the friendly little guys...
You could tell the penguins really like to put on a show. Guess they don't get dressed up for nothin' (ha ha)...
The petting zoo was pitiful - only a handful of animals and you couldn't even really get that close. That didn't deter Mo too much from trying...
The other big hit (or perhaps the main reason for being there at all in Ben's eyes) was the train...

Can you tell 3 little boys were VERY anxiously waiting for their turn? It was well worth it to see the smiles on their faces...
We ended up riding it a couple times. How could you refuse these faces?
We'll definitely be heading back again sometime soon!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

We love the zoo! I'm glad you had a good time there!

Juli said...

How fun! I'm so jealous, I wish my sister-in-law was my neighbor too!

Amanda said...

That looks like an awesome zoo. We'll have to do that next time we come out. Cute pics of the boys. I'm sure they felt right at home there at the zoo;)

Jeni said...

I love the Ft. Worth Zoo - so much better than Dallas. That train looks fun too! I don't think we've ever been on it. Such cute pictures!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Yay for the zoo! I've been thinking of going one last time, not sure If I'll make it there. Cute Pictures!!

Bethanne said...

LLOOOOOOOVVVEEEE the FT. Worth Zoo!

And, BTW, how cute are those boys? Leah came home and tells me everything she does with Ben...I don't know why Ben is singled out, maybe because I've asked about him before? But I think it is cute.

Bree said...

Was fun- would be even better now that it's not so bloody hot! Maybe we'll have to go again before it gets too bloody cold!

The Birds said...

Looks like fun! You're pictures are so clear! How did you get them to show up so nicely? It's probably complicated and it would take me hours to figure out, or you've probably got one of those "really nice" cameras that idiots like me can't run! Dang! They look great anyway!
~Chandi