Friday, September 4, 2009

What a Week!

Soccer is officially underway! We had our first practice this week and I just couldn't get over how cute Ben looked in all his gear...He specifically asked for "shark hair" as he calls it since that's the team name. I can already tell there are going to be a few issues with Ben's cooperation since daddy is the coach, but overall I'd say it went pretty well for the first week...

Ben was good and tired after all that running around...Mommy was good and tired too after chasing this mop top around the park during practice...
(I just couldn't resist throwing in a photo of this kid!) The very next morning, Ben had another first for the year - the 1st day of preschool...


He did great! He walked right in to Mrs. Angela's house like he owned the place and got busy exploring his new classroom and meeting his classmates (most of whom he already knows from church). He couldn't wait to show me all the things he did when I picked him up a few hours later. Benny Boy had quite the eventful week... and he loved every minute of it!

6 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

HANDSOME boy!

Amanda said...

Oh, he is so cute! Love the "shark hair". His expression is priceless in that picture. I can't believe he's old enough to start soccer!How fun to have Daddy as the coach too. I love the picture of Mo too. Looks kind of vintagey! Maybe it's my computer though. He looks like he belongs in the 70's. Very cool.

Caitlin said...

So cute!! Both of those boys are such handsome devils.

I must say Johnny Boy is quite brave. Does he know when Pops coached Taylor they were the Sharks too? Little people soccer is soooo fun to watch, but probably rather frustrating to coach :)

Crystal said...

He is one stud of a soccer player!! Adorable!

Jeni said...

Man! He is so cute but when did he get so big?! I swear just last year he was that morbidly obese, squishy kid sitting on your lap. Glad to know it's not just my kids' lives going by too quickly. Sorry - I don't know why I'm all sappy today!

Love the shark hair! Too cute.

Books 'n Crannies said...

Matt Mo better be a football player!