Monday, August 10, 2009

Girlfriends

I have so many pictures to blog about - our Colorado trip, Ben's birthday, and other random silliness of the boys. But before I forget, I want to document the fun I've had lately with some of the best friends a girl could ask for. First up, Miss Ashley's going away party with the girlies from church...
We decided to send her off dancing - Dance Dance Revolution style...
We stunk at it for the most part, which made it all the more entertaining! Emily may have taken the highest score, but I think Adrienne gets bonus points for the best groove. She was workin' it...
When we were done embarrassing ourselves (or so we thought) we switched over to Rock Band. Juli definitely stole the show with her outstanding rendition of "Eye of the Tiger"...
Oh, what a night to remember! We laughed so hard into the wee hours of the morning. But it was bittersweet knowing Ashley was leaving us the next day. Best of luck to her little family in Portland... hope they find their way back "home" to Texas someday!

Another super fun night out was Rhonda's Roller Rink 30th Birthday Bash with some of my high school girlfriends...
In case you couldn't tell, it was an 80's theme... so fun! Ben was very excited about mommy's new look and said "you hair is so pretty!" He also liked my blue eyeshadow. What can I say? The 80's were a good decade for me.

What roller rink party would be complete without a little Limbo?...
The birthday girl showed off her moves and made it to the last round.

Hope you had like a totally awesome birthday, Rhonda! The rest of us pictured above will be joining her in the "30" club very soon!

8 comments:

Jessica and Rod said...

I hope someone got Juli's singing on video. :)

Amanda said...

What a fun group of girls. It all looks like so much fun. Do you not hang out with any ugly girls? You all look like you should be on TV or something. So fun!

Rhonda said...

Thanks for coming! I need some of those pics!!! It was a lot of fun!

Jeni said...

Oh my goodness those roller rink pictures bring back some serious memories of Atomic Fireballs and couple skating to Rick Astley. You guys look too cute. What a fun idea for a birthday!

Juli said...

Every decade seems to be YOUR decade. In fact, I think that you look so fab in your 80s garb that you should wear it more often.

The Welsh's said...

How fun! I loved the 80s...definitely my "ugly stage" but great times. Everyone looks so good, I sooo wish I could be there. I'm trying to talk my husband into moving back to TX...we'll see!

Mindy said...

Yes John was right...the 80's looks great on you Brianne!

~Jen~ said...

Man, I missed some fun! I NEED to get back to TX and my girls.