No time for making wishes (I don't think he gets that concept yet). He could hardly wait until we were done singing to blow those babies out...
I guess he just knows the sooner we get that part over with, the sooner we get to eat the cake!
He got some fun presents too. Ben starts his first season of soccer soon, so Granny & Pops got him all ready to go...
The Hopewells got him some fun color changing cars and an orange motorcycle (2 of his favorite things right now)...
And last, but not least, he got a scooter from mom, dad, and Matt Mo. He always has to take a turn on someone's scooter whenever we go to the park or a friend's house, so now he has his very own...
He thinks he's so big. And I guess he is.
Here are some little tid-bits about our BIG 4 year old Ben:
- He has more energy than any other kid I know.
- He is very excitable... and very cute when he gets excited.
- He can make you want to scream with all the questions he asks.
- He likes to push your buttons... don't ever let him know what bugs you!
- He loves anything with wheels... cars, motorcycles, trains, diggers, bikes, scooters, etc.
- He is quick to forgive.
- He is "Ben-gyver"... a very creative problem solver, escape artist, and engineer.
- He is a control-freak... can you say "1st child".
- He drinks milk like it's water and would eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches for every meal if I let him.
- He loves the color orange (for now... it used to be blue).
- He loves to help with things like taking out the garbage, cooking, yard work, and especially anything involving tools and/or putting something together.
- He makes at least a few trips to time-out every single day... STILL.
- He looks really cute in big boy underwear... when he remembers to put them back on after using the potty.
- He makes me smile, frustrated, almost cry, exhausted, laugh out loud every day, and I wouldn't trade him for the world!
9 comments:
What a sweet little guy. I want to see him play soccer, it sounds pretty entertaining. I love the list you put together about him. I can totally picture him in my mind when he gets excited. So cute!
Happy Birthday to Ben!
Okay ... side note ... I'm laughing my head off at John's shirt. Holy freakin' funny ... if you know the whole cancer story, and all. He's hilarious.
Hahaha... Janette, you are one of the first people to put that together. He loves to wear that shirt... at least he has a good sense of humor about it!
Happy Belated Birthday Ben! I soooo didn't get it about the shirt. TOO FUNNY!!!
Benny is definitely one of a kind! He's getting so big. I can't wait to see him play soccer. That list is great and so him!
Conner talks about Ben constantly! They remind me a lot of each other. I wish we all lived a little closer so that we could see each other more often and the kids could play. Then again, who knows what would happen if those two got to spend more time together.
How is it that I missed both Ben and Matt Mo's bday parties this year? I'm confused....
You made it to the end of Matt Mo's... your parents were in town, Bree. Then you guys were out of town for Ben's. It's been a crazy summer!
I can't believe he is 4! What a cute energetic boy! Well, if it is any comfort to you Loic could be described just about the same way, including running after him to get his underwear back on after potty ;)- except his favorite color is blue ha!ha! Great pics!
Post a Comment